There are tons of such astounding facts that you don’t know. For example, The average YouTuber spends 15 to 30 minutes a day on the site. Three former PayPal employees created YouTube ( Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim did this in 2005). Originally, it all started as a dating site. But it obviously fail or developed into a more elaborate site. It changed into a new company.
YouTube sometimes play pranks on its millions of users every year on April Fool’s Day. Since starting the April Fool’s Day tradition, every year YouTube comes up with something unique to keep the trend alive. In addition, here another amazing facts:
- More than 1 billion (others claimed 2 to 3 billion), people around the globe use YouTube — i.e. one-third of people on the Internet!
- If we base our report only on people’s behavior we can conclude that:
- YouTubers watch 6+ billion hours of videos every month.
- YouTubers watch 4+ billion videos every single day.
- YouTubers upload 300+ hours of video every minute.
- Music video ‘Gangnam Style’ was so popular, it broke YouTube’s view counter, which had to be upgraded
- YouTube’s early headquarters were situated above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California
- YouTube’s ten highest-earning channels made anywhere from US$2.5 million to US$12 million in 2015
Google acquired YouTube in 2006 for $1.65 billion. It serves 76 global languages and launched local versions in around 70 countries. The majority of the YouTube traffic (roughly 80% ), was coming from outside the U.S.